Let Our Award-Winning Attorneys Fight For You



Whether an adult loved one has been debilitated by an illness or accident or you need a guardianship to help ensure that a minor child is receiving what he or she needs, let our experienced team handle the details, so you don’t have to.

In Ohio, the Probate Court appoints a guardian to manage the personal and/or financial affairs of a minor or an incapacitated adult. While family members are given preference, anyone may petition the court and request to be appointed the guardian for someone. A Guardianship proceeding is considered to be an “involuntary” proceeding. Accordingly, several documents, including a “statement of expert evaluation” filled out by a doctor, must be filed with this Court. Additionally, once appointed, there are annual documents and reports that must continue to be filed with the Court to ensure that the guardian is acting in the best interest of the ward. Give us a call today to discuss your particular situation and to determine the necessary steps to commence a guardianship proceeding.